Sunday, September 26, 2010

Untangle

I look at my brother's cheeks, wonder where the dimples went.
They once dove so deep.
I look in the mirror, when did my eyes grow so stark,
why am I always searching for a fresh start?
I glance at my mom, so many silver threads I don't remember.
Peek at my father, the anger lines so hungry and unforgiving.
I stare at my lover, will he give me a reason for living?
I'm gasping in, and blowing it back out.
This breath wrought with smoke, laughter, and pieces of bitter.
My spirit bending, twisting, trying to untangle.
I sit here and breathe.
Watching, trying to sort our the knots, fingers all mangled in this mess of me.
These bright strings I want to weave and patch, hem it all into my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. I sympathize. Turn this into a song that we can sing.

    ReplyDelete